Targeted Customer Acquisition: Automation for WeChat, KOL’s, and Content Marketing
Last week marketers from many of the top brands gathered at the Sandbox coworking space to seek insights on how to use technology to better acquire and engage with customers. The lunch seminar was successfully co-hosted by 3 companies leading the charge to use technology in the marketing function: JINGdigital – a market automation company that gives brands better tools to acquire and engage customers on Wechat; ParkLu – a platform to run more effective campaigns through KOLs; and ColourData – a big data company that provides brands insights through data analysis.
The event was themed around the common goal of automating and optimizing digital marketing decisions for brands serving Chinese consumers. During the event, the audience was able to hear from leading thinkers in marketing technology and learned best practices and how to utilize the advances in technology.
JINGdigital: Aaron Chang, CEO
JINGdigital empowers brands to plan, design, and deliver automated marketing experiences through WeChat and other channels. JINGdigital founder Aaron Chang opened the lunch seminar by demonstrating the importance of personalization. Key insights included:
• Always align consumer expectations with appropriate experiences.
• Deliver personalized, timely, and relevant marketing.
• Treat your customers on social media like how you would treat your friends!
• It takes time, money, and people to achieve all of this. So don’t get discouraged in
He presented his insights using the Social Marketing Maturity Scale, which illustrates the phases brands go through in their journey towards executing fully optimized (mature) marketing experiences. You can download the full presentation by scanning the QR code at the end of this article!
ParkLu: Kim Leitzes, CEO
With the decline of print and rise of social media, influencer marketing has become a key method for reaching consumers. In China, where brand trust needs to be earned, potential customers rely on reviews by peers and respected bloggers to inform them on what’s hot before making purchasing decisions. That’s why Kim Leitzes created ParkLu, a digital platform pioneering how brands find, collaborate and engage with China’s social influencers.
Kim shared the following KOL marketing insights:
• Collaborate with influencers who are the most relevant to your brand and the market you want to reach.
• Keep tabs on activity by your selected influencers and competitors and discover what content works. Stay up to date on relevant influencers and know what they are saying.
• There are benefits and tradeoffs for deploying a Top KOL approach versus a micro KOL approach. There is no one-size-fits-all solution!
• Don’t expect repeat ROI levels by hiring a KOL more than once. This only happens if the KOL’s fan base grew rapidly since the first collaboration.
ColourData: Craig Yu, CEO and Co-Founder
Conventional wisdom says data is always black and white; however, the team at ColourData believes otherwise. Machines can process much more data at a much faster rate than humans, which leads to never-before-see decision optimization solutions when it comes to content marketing. Using machine learning, ColourData helps clients optimize and maximize ROI in real-time. Craig, cofounder of ColourData, gave us a glimpse of machine learning’s powers. Here are some key insights:
On-going challenges for marketers are:
• What to write?
• How to distribute?
• Justify Why?
2. What if MachMachines can solve all of these uncertainties by:
• finding out the best market practice for your category
• working out the contents that are likely to drive engagement
• verifying your KOL plan is right ⇒ That’s a game changer!
Want to learn more about how technology can elevate your marketing? Scan the QR code below to download our full presentation!