Introduction to Marketing Automation|营销自动化简介
Monday July 3rd, 2017
What is it?
In the simplest terms, Marketing Automation is a set of tools that automate day-to-day marketing activities. Marketing departments today have to perform many repetitive and time-consuming tasks such as digital campaigns, hypothesis testing, social media, lead nurturing, APP and WeChat operations, Marketing Automation technologies can streamline and optimize these modern marketing tactics.
Why use it?
Marketing Automation has become the norm in the U.S. and European markets for some years now. According to a research study of American marketing departments, marketers started using Marketing Automation software to achieve the following objectives:
• increase ROI
• optimize productivity
• acquire more customers.
While most Marketing Automation software focus on the U.S. and EU markets, there are plenty of marketing to automate and optimize in the Chinese digital market. If your brand designs and deploys digital and social marketing, online-to-offline campaigns, customer service, operate mobile APP’s or WeChat Official Accounts, chances are your team could benefit significantly from using Marketing Automation technologies. Wouldn’t it be nice to automate many mundane tasks while at the same time measure the effectiveness of your marketing strategies?
Selecting software (s):
So how should marketing professionals navigate the unknown seas of software selection? Two concepts to keep in mind while selecting Marketing Automation software are ease of implementation and integration. In fact, research revealed that ease of implementation is the number one evaluation criteria for software selection. Yes, ease of selection is more important than the cost of ownership! This is largely due to companies’ current reliance on third-party operators to operate automation software. Even in the most mature market for Marketing Automation Software (the United States), only 12% of companies surveyed are capable of fully implementing software in-house. A user-friendly toolset will thus lower initial outsourcing costs and efficiently transition operations back in-house.
Now let’s move on to features that can help your brand optimize decisions, increase conversion, and streamline workflow. We suggest that you get started by incorporating these four functions into your marketing technology tool-box:
• Data Analytics: Over a century ago, advertising pioneer John Wanamaker said, “Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don’t know which half.” Today, you can easily know which half is wasted. This means that for each digital marketing campaign you run on your E-Commerce Store, WeChat, or Weibo, you should implement tracking to measure results. You should also conduct some form of hypothesis testing, such as A/B testing, with your marketing ideas and optimize your decision using the results. Learn more about how that here!
• Content Marketing: Content marketing is quite a big deal in China, especially through the omnipresent WeChat. This doesn’t mean that you should push irrelevant one-size-fits-all content to all your followers. The Content Editor you use should be able to design and send fully segmented and targeted content marketing for each customer segment. You can learn more about segmented content marketing here.
• Lead Nurturing: In many cases, it takes more than one touch-point to close a sale. If a lead gave you his/her WeChat, mobile number, or email, then you should follow-up by delivering valuable content tailored to the lead’s specific needs and interests.
• Customer Service: Maintaining high quality and timely customer service requires large time and monetary investments. Fortunately, many of your customers’ concerns could be addressed using an automated solution such as FAQ help center, chatbot, automated feedback surveys, and live Mobile chat.
Please keep in mind that in order to accomplish the above digital marketing functions, you can either use one all-encompassing marketing automation suite or start slow with individual tools. Just make sure to look for technologies that easily integrate with and even enhance each other!
• 数据分析： 一个多世纪前，广告先锋约翰·万纳麦克（John Wanamaker）说：“花费在广告上的钱有一半都被浪费了；问题是我不知道浪费的是哪一半。” 现在，你可以轻而易举地知道被浪费的是哪一半，也就是说，您应该对您的网店在微信或微博上进行的每个数字营销活动实施跟踪，并对结果进行评估。您还应进行某种形式的假设检验，例如A / B测试，利用您的营销理念和检验结果优化决策。详情请见！
• 内容营销： 内容营销在中国有很大的市场，尤其是在无处不在的微信市场。但这并不意味着您可以向所有关注者推送毫不相关的，千篇一律的内容。 您应该向每个特定的客户群组推送具有针对性的内容。您可以在这里了解更多关于分组内容营销的信息。
• 线索培育： 在许多情况下，需要多个接触点来关闭销售。如果一个线索向你提供了个人的微信账号，手机号码或电子邮件，那么你应该根据该客户的特殊需求和兴趣推送有针对性的内容。
• 客户服务： 保持高质量和及时的客户服务需要投入大量的时间和金钱。幸运的是，您可以利用自动化解决方案（例如常见问题帮助中心，聊天室，自动反馈调查和实时移动聊天）来解决客户的各种问题。